Elasticsearch is a new generation Open Source search and indexing engine. Based on the Apache Lucene library, this search engine offers advanced features such as searches by geographic coordinates, analysis and categorization aggregations, filtering results or searching on several different indexes and types of documents. Designed for the Cloud, Elasticsearch has been specifically designed to index very large volumes of data while ensuring high performance scalability and high fault tolerance.
This course covers key concepts of search engines before detailing the basic features of ElasticSearch and its architectural principles. Based on concrete examples and actual use cases, the training provides all the necessary knowledge to use and operate ElasticSearch effectively and to solve the problems most often encountered.
- Identify the issues and keys to success of a search engine
- Learn how to use the elasticsearch API to index and search documents
- Know how to install elasticsearch and perform cluster configuration
- Integrate elasticsearch into an existing application
- Understanding how elasticsearch simplifies the use of Apache Lucene
- Use elasticsearch client and Java API to index and search documents
- Monitor elasticsearch and understand usage statistics
- Have knowledge of what are REST / HTTP
- Have knowledge of Json, Yaml format
- Have minimum knowledge of Linux and command lines including Curl, wget ...
- Have minimum knowledge on the network
- Mandatory for the Java chapter: Knowledge of the Java language and its ecosystem (maven, IDE)
If you do not know Java, the chapter can be ignored if others do not request it.
Non-compulsory knowledge greatly reduces practical work when it is all to be acquired.
Financing in France
- May be financed through OPCO (if financing covers all of the cost of the training)
- Cannot be financed through the CPF